Bangladesh Air Force gives due importance on training and development of personnel with the aim of producing informed, knowledge-based and multi-skilled professionals.
Life of MODC (Air) in Bangladesh Air Force starts at MODC Training Squadron, BAF located at Lalmonirhat District. The Squadron trains a young recruit to become a competent MODC (Air).
Importance of professional development cannot be over emphasized.
Bangladesh Air Force has
been paying due importance to professional development since its inception for utilizing its men
and material effectively.
Bangladesh Air Force has attained self-sufficiency in almost all kinds of training for
professional development needed for
a modern air force. Some of these institutes have attained international standard and they have
been imparting training not
only to BAF personnel and members of the sister services, but also to a good number of
participants from friendly foreign
countries. Besides the 3 training institutes mentioned above, following are the BAF institutes
for professional development:
• Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Aviation and Aerospace University (BSMRAAU)
• Flying Instructors’ School (FIS)
• Command and Staff Training Institute (CSTI)
• Flight Safety Institute (FSI)
• Officers’ Training School (OTS)
• Aero Medical Institute (AMI)
• Fighter Controller Training Unit (FCTU)
• Airmen Training Institute (ATI)
• School of Physical Fitness (SOPF)
• School of Security and Intelligence (SSI)
• Flying Wing, BAF Base Bangabandhu
• 8 Squadron BAF, BAF Base Bangabandhu
• Air Traffic Services School (ATSS)
• Operations Wing, BAF Base Paharkanchanpur
• Operations Wing, BAF Base Zahurul Haque
• 21 Squadron BAF, BAF Base Zahurul Haque